Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-23-2024, 11:56 AM)Riverman Wrote:
(05-23-2024, 02:11 AM)Mabrams Wrote:
(05-22-2024, 09:21 PM)Riverman Wrote: Is there a branch under E-M35 which doesn't get tested?
I just wonder about the 2.173 testers which are just E-M35. Are they from an untested branch, did they do some sort of old test? Are they being SNP confirmed of some sort? Those kind of skew the statistics a bit, if they still COULD be E-V13.

No they cannot be E-V13, at least from V3 testing.   E-M78 and E-V13 were tested on V3.   As for V2, idk.  

Not sure about Z827.  But CTS10298 was tested.  Not sure about L19.

I wonder if they could come from those users which got some sort of backbone SNP confirmation? I remember a couple of cases in the last years in which people got confusing STR results and got a validation by basic SNP testing. Because standard SNP packages just covering M35 would be otherwise unusual I'd say, while at the same time the number is much too small for the general STR-tested population in the data base.

I think this is very much the case. FTDNA always forecasted the Y-Haplogroup up to a certain level based on STR. If this STR prediction didn't give a (confident) result, they ran a backbone test first. I can imagine that for many Y12 tests STR based predictions were not conclusive and backbone tests were run before returning the result.
Riverman and Hygelac like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by rafc - 06-11-2024, 06:46 PM