Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(06-01-2024, 02:31 PM)ArmandoR1b Wrote: I found out that SNPs that were used for defining a specific haplogroup have been found to be recurrent in other subclades and are now used for FF Y-DNA haplogroups.

There is no database of all positions and which haplogroups they are used for in FF although there are ways to find out with a Google search which haplogroups they are used for.

So if you see a haplogroup from FF it could be because of an SNP that was used to for another haplogroup, and still is, so check the list of positive SNPs.

"I found out that SNPs that were used for defining a specific haplogroup have been found to be recurrent in other subclades and are now used for FF Y-DNA haplogroups."

Can you elaborate?  When I read this, being recurrent in others subclades could make them unreliable. I must be misreading what you are saying.

"So if you see a haplogroup from FF it could be because of an SNP that was used to for another haplogroup, and still is, so check the list of positive SNPs."  

How do I check the list of positive SNPs for a FF match?
U152>L2>Z49>Z142>Z150>FGC12381>FGC12378>FGC47869>FGC12401>FGC47875>FGC12384
50% English, 15% Welsh, 15% Scot/Ulster Scot, 5% Irish, 10% German, 2% Scandi, 2% French & Dutch), 1% India
Ancient ~40% Anglo-Saxon, ~40% Briton/Insular Celt, ~15% German, 4% Other Euro
600 AD: 55% Anglo-Saxon (CNE), 45% Pre-Anglo-Saxon Briton (WBI)
“Be more concerned with seeking the truth than winning an argument” 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Mitchell-Atkins - 06-01-2024, 06:54 PM