Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-29-2024, 09:33 PM)rmstevens2 Wrote: I have a couple of FF matches with my surname without Y-DNA assignments who are showing match dates of 2021. Is that right, or is 2021 some kind of weird default display? Are there still 2021 testers out there without Y-DNA assignments?

Anyway, one of them I know for a fact did not do the Family Finder test all that long ago, although I guess it could have been 2021. He is an Ancestry match of mine whom I was after to have his Y-DNA tested with FTDNA, but then he ordered a Family Finder test, either by mistake or because it was obviously very much cheaper than any Y-DNA test.

Yes, 2021 is a default date.   On July 1, 2021 FTDNA implemented a new interface for Family Finder as well retooling their matches.   This was when they dropped all the matching segments down to 1 cM.    The new calculations must have been done in April or so, as I believe all older matches now say April or May, 2021.  

FTDNA seems to be working on 2015 based upon Armando's post.   I believe 2015 will be a big year for FF updating as many 2010 to 2014 kits were retested in July, 2015.   (Mine was, as I tested in 2011). I am not sure what happens to the remaining 2010 to 2014 kits.
rmstevens2 and jdbreazeale like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Mabrams - 05-30-2024, 12:00 AM