Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
The problem with comparing all of these autosomal tests is that it is relative. Each haplogroup can be in a different situation. Some people are a lot better off with a specific test but others only slightly better off. It's all dependent on which haplogroup the person belongs to and which specific SNPs are included in a given test.

I prefer looking at the TMRCA for the haplogroups as opposed to how many levels. The levels can change as more branches are created from Big Y tests.

For my haplogroup I get the following -

FF v3 and FF v2 puts us at 1600 BCE which is still a very long time ago but does weed out less than 1,000 people. It's 1,000 counting Big Y. Most aren't STR or FF matches anyway though. At least those know they aren't part of our subclade and those in our subclade know we aren't part of their FF subclade.

23andme v5 and AncestryDNA v2 puts us at 2400 BCE

MyHeritage v2 puts us at 2550 BCE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 05-26-2024, 01:54 PM