Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-25-2024, 12:29 PM)Mabrams Wrote: Wouldn't it be great if MH followed FTDNA's lead and gave haplotypes to their 2-3 million men?  and eventually mtDNA (although ISOGG says Zero mtDNA SNPs so if that is true, then scratch that idea).

Yup, especially since I have actual surname matches and surname variant matches at MyHeritage. Some of them are not on particularly safe positions, but others are on my grandfathers side and seem to be safe. I even offerend one of them to sponsor a STR test, but he never responded. Chances that they are actually direct paternal relatives are rather slim, but those are the best leads I got so far.

I detected a couple of STR matches which got assignments which kind of make a BigY almost superfluous, as close as they get with the assignment. I have to say, seeing those lucky ones, its a bit annoying if you are willing to invest and get nowhere, while others get all you want for free and probably don't even appreciate it. Like there are a couple of high Medieval results I've seen with FF, exactly the time frame I want to get to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Riverman - 05-25-2024, 12:49 PM