Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
From the original FTDNA announcement.   Most bold facing is mine.

"
  • Autosomal transfer customers who have unlocked their full results will be the third group to receive their results.
  • Important note: Because Ancestry and 23andMe transfers are not lab-to-lab transfers, haplogroups from these tests will only be displayed to the tester, will not be shared with matches or Group Projects, and will not be included in the Haplotree or Discover™ statistics.

It seems like we are midway through the second group (FFs before 2019), so the autosomal transfers should be next. Although "next" could be days or weeks or months.

I have no inkling as to what fraction of Autosomal Transfers pay the Unlock fee.   Might be a significant fraction.   

I dont think the number of MH transfers is very high.  I only see a few in projects that I admin, and they are usually older or female.  Presumably MH kits are also subject to the Unlock requirement.

FTDNA is supposed to be doing a big mtDNA make-over.   But when?  And will the Family Finder mtDNAs be updated before or after?
rmstevens2, jdbreazeale, Riverman And 1 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Mabrams - 05-22-2024, 05:44 PM