Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-18-2024, 12:56 AM)ArmandoR1b Wrote: Overnight the R-L151 Branch kits that have no downstream derived reads grew by 1,368 kits. Total is now 6,112. It's a tragedy P312 and ZZ12_1 weren't tested by Family Finder v2. ZZ12_1 was discovered in 2014 per Ybrowse and FF v2 was released in the Fall of 2015.

I hope a lot of R-L151 people get a Big Y test in order to discover their most downstream public SNP.

edit: By the way, R-L151 is from 3000 BCE which is the Metal Age

No P312 is a real shame. Such a fairly old and extremely widespread haplogroup. But the range within my upstream haplogroup is Middle Bronze Age to High Medieval, depending on exact branch. Some got really lucky, most are intermediate, and some...well. I got the intermediate kind of result but of course, I would have preferred the Medieval version, since even for members of my upstream main branch, chances are about 1:10 to 1: 20 for them to belong to my exact main branch, yet alone being really close (that's probably more like 1:200 to 1:1000 even from the pool of my upstream main branch). 
Paying for an upgrade which chances are that bad is not really a thing, unless the STR values or other aspects make a tester particularly promising.
ArmandoR1b and rmstevens2 like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Riverman - 05-18-2024, 02:15 AM