Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-15-2024, 02:12 PM)Riverman Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:55 PM)Webb Wrote: I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but if you go into FTDNA's Public Y-Dna haplotree and go to a main branch, select the three dots at the far right, then click the surname report, I believe the list that comes up are the individuals who's snp has been determined using the FF test.  I say this because when I run the surname report for R-Z211, I see Vanderhoof, one of my 37 marker matches whose terminal was just updated this week.  The same when I run the surname report for R-CTS4065, I now see Holland and Hurst, whom I also match at 37 markers and their terminal was updated several weeks ago.

When I do that, I get just a couple of names, despite the hundreds of members. Definitely far less than their should be, I don't even know what this covers and why both STR, SNP, BigY and FF members surnames being not shown.

If I go to E-Z5018, there pops up a single surname and I don't know why exactly that one.

What exactly is that "view by surname" in the public haplotree for? And why exactly those surnames?

I am wondering if it is like a que where these individuals are awaiting placement further down on the tree, which would make sense if their terminals are based on the FF tests.  To know for sure one would have to know how their placement was determined.  Only the main branches have the ability to run this surname report.  If you look at my branch, which is just under CTS4065, the option for the surname report is not there.
rmstevens2 and JMcB like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Webb - 05-15-2024, 02:26 PM