Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
A few weeks ago I reread the story about Bennet Greenspan calling a genetecist about using DNA testing to prove or disprove a common ancestor between two people. The genetecists reaction is that he gets call from crazy people like him all the time. Just think about how many people there are in the world and in comparison how few people there are with a Big Y test at FTDNA or how few there are in YFull with a WGS test. We are the crazy people. There ought to be a way to calculate how many people would have to be tested in order for almost everyone to get a match with a MRCA within the past 1,000 years. Maybe by calculating the world male population in the year 1,000? I think that would have to be the amount of crazy people. Of course once something is that common it isn't crazy anymore but I doubt that there will ever be two desendants from most males that lived 1,0000 years ago will ever be tested. I hope I am wrong. I hope there is enough "crazy" people in the world for most people to have a match with a common ancestor from the last 1,000 years.
Webb and rmstevens2 like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 05-14-2024, 05:26 PM