Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
I'll use R-CTS4065, mentioned earlier in this thread, as an example of the difference between Haplotree, Discover Story, and Big Y Block Tree. AFAIK, R-CTS4065 is the most downstream of that line that is tested by FF so when those results are used they show in the that specific count.

Haplotree - 1,012 R-CTS4065 and downstream participants
Discover Story - 995 DNA tested descendants
Big Y Block Tree - 311 Big Y participants

Here we can see a significant difference between Haplotree and Big Y Block Tree. Meaning that Big Y Block tree should only have Big Y participants as is stated in the Big Y Block Tree. I don't think FTDNA is misleading us there.

Additionally, if I count the number of Big Y kits on step downstream from R-CTS4065 in the Block Tree the count is 307. Meaning only four aren't given a downstream SNP. If they had been tested by FF they wouldn't get a downstream SNP but there would been a lot more based on the Haplotree.

If I sum all of the counts of the subclades of R-CTS4065 in the haplotree they add up to 344. Meaning those are mostly Big Y kits and some SNP pack tested kits and some individual SNP tested kits since the count is higher than the 311 Big Y participants. Since SNPs downstream from R-CTS4065 aren't tested by FF the total of the subclades is much less than the total of R-CTS4065 itself in the haplotree.

It seems R-CTS4065 must have gained a lot of kits just through FF and/or R-CTS4065 was also the most downstream SNP in an SNP pack.
Mabrams, rmstevens2, Dewsloth like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 05-11-2024, 01:17 AM