Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-08-2024, 01:18 PM)Mabrams Wrote: My concern about the gentleman whose V2 test only advanced 4 levels is probably overstated.

I forgot that he actually belongs to an uncommon clade of R-M269 so that explains why only 4 levels.

But.....looking at SNPs, I dont see any evidence for testing P312.   Still in blue.   That would be a nice SNP to test.  But it wasn't tested on the V3s either.  So hopefully a decent sample of SNPs downstream of P312 get tested. 

btw, there were 221 SNPs that tested positive    On the V3s, I tend to see 350 or more.
I dont know if 221 is a typical number for a V2.  I suspect they are bit low since my gentleman did not follow a typical pathway.
I would also have liked for P312 to have been tested and I am concerned that many DF27 people with v2 won't get a positive downstream SNP since DF27 wasn't tested by v3 and possibly won't be by v2. I'll post more about that later.
Dewsloth, Mabrams, rmstevens2 like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 05-08-2024, 09:17 PM