Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-08-2024, 01:49 AM)ArmandoR1b Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 01:37 AM)Barbarroja Wrote: I manage a FTDNA kit. The company has its low, like it never achieved its MTDNA quality test and asked me for MORE MONEY or "we will not test it" (cause it is in the little print that we can "not deliver you a test and ask you more money if our quality check fails twice"), and it has it ups: the kit went from a Y37 M-269 to NINE branches down with the FF expansion. Now waiting for their MTDNA expansion, as the guy I manage the kit refused to pay another 50$ to re-test the full MTDNA not delivered -also, they charge you 50$ and test ONE TIME, if their quality check fails, BAM! you lose this money also. Sad
mtDNA expansion? That's not going to happen since mtDNA was not tested by Family Finder. Y-DNA was tested by FF. It costs money to test DNA which is why they charge for more tests when low quality samples are sent to them and tested.

It´s totally strange that a YDNA was good but a MTDNA (being that mithocondria are 8x more easier to test) was "low quality" with the same pair of swabs. The tester was a healthy man, no smoke, no eat, nobody touch the swabs, made them carefully and for long time... meanwhile my other 4 tests where good being that one of my brother was like a garbage test: he smoked until the last minute, refuse to swab more than some seconds, don´t care about the swabs not touching anything and took a long time to reach them (more than 3 months since swabs were made, as Customs in my country stop the package). Also he made the total combo with BigY and FF (meanwhile the other just made a Y37 that needs less material sample to test than BigY). Bad luck I guess or bad lab there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Barbarroja - 05-08-2024, 02:57 AM