Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-05-2024, 12:47 PM)Riverman Wrote:
(05-05-2024, 12:33 PM)ArmandoR1b Wrote: I just thought of something. We don't know how many male FF kits also had a Y12-Y111 test. Is there a way to figure that out?

Must be a minority because for my branch the newly assigned project members and STR matches are in no relation to the total number of new FF assigned branch members. We have about 150 newly assigned members from FF, but in my match list or project group its about 10-20. Therefore at least more than two thirds to three fourths of the newly assigned FF testers are very likely to have no other yDNA test.

So on the conservative side only about 25% of newly assigned FF subclades are for people that already had Y12-Y111 testing. I think we can take for granted most of the SNP tested people in the Public Haplotree prior to December that aren't Big Y tested also had Y12-Y111 testing since they couldn't get SNP packs without Y12-Y111 IIRC. Geno 2.0 testers also had SNP results. I really doubt we will get the number of Geno 2.0 SNP tested people without Y-STR results.

Quote: Riverman

That also means all those potential matches are invisible if they share no or not enough autosomal DNA.

Of course. I guess some people might not have thought of that.
Riverman, rmstevens2, Hygelac like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 05-05-2024, 02:03 PM