Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

E-V13 - Theories on its Origin and New Data
(05-01-2024, 12:14 PM)Riverman Wrote: A Hungarian scholar used SNP's to track back the Hunyadi family:

(05-01-2024, 10:33 AM)Mythbuster General Wrote: The administrator of the Hungarian FTDNA project recently managed to come to the conclusion, that the highly likely ethnic origin of the Hunyadi family originates from a Vlach family that lived in Bulgaria in the 12th century. This is the strength of ancient DNA studies, that we can finally settle old historical disputes with the power of science.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amZpglxNgXo&t=6s

Around minute 30:00 you see a table which addresses the upstream branches, which he considers (most likely) to be Thracian.

[Image: Hunyadi1.jpg]

Additional hypotheses:

[Image: Hunyadi2.jpg]

I think that the Afro-Asiatic in Iberia, presumably because of the E-L618/E-V13 from Impresso-Cardial is wrong, because Impresso-Cardial was widespread and came up the Danube and Dniester as well. The Alpine region seems to me, even if E-V13 is clearly associated with Eastern Urnfielders, too Western, and an origin from Cotofeni into Nyirseg, on within Otomani Gyulavarsand into Wietenberg is the most likely option.
But interesting thoughts anyway and what's almost certainly correct is that E-V13 main branches spread with Proto-Thracians/Daco-Thracians and the majority of the South Thracian branches reached Bulgaria in the LBA-EIA, with Urnfields using Thracians, not earlier.

While I completely get the Iberian idea, because of this single sample, I really wonder about the Alpine zone - probably because of Globetrekker from FTDNA putting E-V13 into the Alpine zone? But that's mainly because of overtested Western groups like English and Irish, and undertested ones like Russians, Poles, but especially Ukrainians, Romanians and Moldovans.

in the slide at minute 36:00 he looks forward to testing Thracian royal tombs. That's still a desideratum and not done yet (?), unfortunately.
The next step is to test the basarabs and asen families! For the basarab family they could test basarab's son Nicolas Alexander. You can visit his grave even today
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas..._Wallachia
Riverman likes this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: E-V13 - Theories on its Origin and New Data - by Ioas - 05-01-2024, 05:14 PM