Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(04-21-2024, 05:21 AM)Hygelac Wrote: These are my rough estimates of how many FF kits have received haplogroups so far.

2023 December: 37000
2024 January: 4000
2024 April: 24000

I'm afraid they've to speed up things considerably if all FF kits are going to receive haplogroups this year.

They slowed down in January due to technical issues.They are ramping back up. They had planned on doing 2,000 per day at first then ramping up even more per day. If everything is running smooth there should be a noticeable increase soon.

Lets say there are 1 million male FF customers at FTDNA without Big Y or SNP pack tests. They would have to do about 142,000 per month to finish before the end of the year. So you guys are right that it will go into next year if there are that many male FF customers at FTDNA without Big Y or SNP pack tests and if FTDNA doesn't massively ramp up the reporting. However, I expect them to ramp up the reporting significantly soon now that they have started processing the kits again this year. No one really knows how many male FF customers at FTDNA without Big Y or SNP pack tests there are but once most of us see that our male FF matches have a haplogroup and the Y-DNA testers in public projects with a red SNP is reduced significantly we will be able to tell that they are close to done.
rmstevens2 and Hygelac like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 04-21-2024, 11:48 PM