Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(04-20-2024, 09:43 PM)ArmandoR1b Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 06:50 PM)rmstevens2 Wrote: I'm still waiting on Y-DNA assignments for some of my FF matches with my surname. If they land reasonably in my ballpark, I may offer to help with or pay for Big Y-700 testing.

It seems they are only doing a relatively small number of existing kits at a time. Someone posted that the tree updated with about 3,000 haplogroups recently. I still have a lot of male Family Finder matches without a haplogroup but one finally has one and it helps because it's a male line I am interested in. Unless they speed things up I suppose it will take at least several months for all of the male customers with FF to get a haplogroup.

These are my rough estimates of how many FF kits have received haplogroups so far.

2023 December: 37000
2024 January: 4000
2024 April: 24000

I'm afraid they've to speed up things considerably if all FF kits are going to receive haplogroups this year.
Jalisciense, rmstevens2, Riverman like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Hygelac - 04-21-2024, 05:21 AM