Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(04-20-2024, 09:43 PM)ArmandoR1b Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 06:50 PM)rmstevens2 Wrote: I'm still waiting on Y-DNA assignments for some of my FF matches with my surname. If they land reasonably in my ballpark, I may offer to help with or pay for Big Y-700 testing.

It seems they are only doing a relatively small number of existing kits at a time. Someone posted that the tree updated with about 3,000 haplogroups recently. I still have a lot of male Family Finder matches without a haplogroup but one finally has one and it helps because it's a male line I am interested in. Unless they speed things up I suppose it will take at least several months for all of the male customers with FF to get a haplogroup.

At the current rate, they might work on it well into the next year. The last update was fairly significant, the problem is that they make big pauses in between. I think they have limited resources and can't update the data base and doing new samples simultaneously or something like that.
Well, I have a couple of BigY testers in the pipeline which should be prioritised indeed, but I really wonder about their promises if they simply don't have the capacities to fulfil them in time. Better late than never, but it leaves a bit of a bad taste still.
rmstevens2, Hygelac, sirdan like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Riverman - 04-20-2024, 09:47 PM