Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

E-V13 - Theories on its Origin and New Data
(04-12-2024, 01:48 PM)corrigendum Wrote: Posts about E-V13 as an exclusively Thracian haplogroup blur reality, not just about E-V13 but about Thracians themselves because E-V13 is unrelated to Proto-Thracians themselves.

I don't think anyone is claiming that V13 was exclusively Thracian, but I think the term 'predominantly Thracian' would fit. If you look at the L283 thread, there is a lot of talk about "Illyrian", and nobody seems to be offended by that. I'm not bothered if someone wants to post information on Thracians in this thread.

To look at a comparable case: I'm sure that proto-Greek speakers in a sense of the steppe group that brought this language to Greece, had no J2a. So when someone discusses J2a in classical Greece samples that doesn't imply that proto-Greek speakers were J2a. But we know that Greek was already spoken in the Bronze age and that most samples then were J2a also (but also with some R1b and others). Going by that example, it seems logical to me that the people speaking the LBA version of Thracian would have been largely V13 already. It also seems logical to me that they were living in Southern Bulgaria/Northeast Greece. I have yet to see a convincing scenario that has them come from somewhere else.
Southpaw and Dreneu like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: E-V13 - Theories on its Origin and New Data - by rafc - 04-12-2024, 02:14 PM