Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe...
My TLDR: Geneticists generated IBD-based clusters among genetic data from Europe in the last few thousands of years. One of them, usually shown in red in this presentation, was typical for most populations that are Slavic. For example, people from Medieval Rus and Moravia fall into it. Working backwards, they found earliest representative of that cluster in 2-3 century AD in the locations shown in light green circles in the following map: in Viminacium, Tanais and on Volga. Also, very close to that cluster are some samples from East Baltic region. I indicated East Baltic region by red oval in this pic. Samples from Vimincium and Tanais are clear genetic outliers. So, the conclusion of Vyazov that this red cluster was typical of the population in a region to the north of these light green circles, from which we have no data because of cremation. In that region however we have this distribution of this specific type of artifacts, called champleve enamels. it was in the past hypothesized to be related to Proto-Slavs, and Vyazov thinks that this is true. he notes that the early representative of the red cluster are very "northern" in genetic sense, close to Baltic Iron Age populations, so that is where we should look for origins of the red cluster.

As of the time the lecture was given, they did not yet incorporate data from Poland.

Note: red oval and red lines are added by me, they were not on original slide.

[Image: e4cxw8I.jpeg]
Dewsloth, Megalophias, Siegmund And 8 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe... - by Rozenfeld - 04-07-2024, 07:02 PM