Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe...
(04-04-2024, 03:45 PM)ambron Wrote: We must remember that ethnos is not one tribe. Ethnos is many tribes that are bound by common social interests, beginning a common history.

R1a tribes were most probably to use Indo-European dialects, including Balto-Slavic dialcts. However, in some Balto-Slavic dialect groups, Slavic innovations appeared, which separated the Slavic linguistic branch. And since early Slavic innovations come from an agricultural semantic area, they must have been introduced by Neolithic Old European tribes such as I2a.

weel it depends on what kind of I2a we are talking about. Among Dneper-Donets foragers and middle don samples I2a was present if my memory doesn't fail. Even Yamnaya has I2a as a minority marker So I2a was both a proto indoeuropean marker and a marker of european farmers especially the GAC and TRBC ones. In fact I2a is a marker that is present both in Sredni Stog and Khvalynsk so it could be the case that the I2a in the pontic-caspian steppe were the very first IE speakers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe... - by old europe - 04-04-2024, 04:10 PM