Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
" I see, then is good to know one day we'd get our Y-DNA, although they are a bit slow, and I don't know why I want that result so much if I was able to reach the subclase of Roman era with Clade Finder lol"

You still might want the FTDNA Family Finder haplo.   Most autosomal sites with YDNA have 4000 or less YSNPs.   Family Finder has over 9000.   In most cases, FF haplos should pass what you might get at Cladefinder etc.

~~~~

From what I can infer, the FF YSNP for my line will go down to what I received from my BigY500.  That SNP bounced from 118 men to 126 overnight back in Dec, so I assume that was due to FF updates. (That SNP was not in the 9000 listed) 

FTDNA still has a lot of FFs to update.   
1.8 million FF database
  • minus females
  • minus autosomal transfers
  • minus previously refined men

That leaves about 300,000 men to update by my reckoning.   In Dec (and a little in Jan), the FTDNA Y tree increased by about 60-70,000 men, so there are still well over 200,000 men to update.

Terribly behind schedule.  When FTDNA announced this last July, the implication was that September 2023 would be the crunch month.
Riverman, lg16, Jalisciense And 4 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Mabrams - 03-22-2024, 02:42 PM