Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

E-V13 - Theories on its Origin and New Data
(10-03-2023, 02:52 PM)rafc Wrote: Based on the Y-DNA, I would guess 5-6 out of those 11 in Romania are not from the "Real Sarmatians". That puts V13 at 15-20%, which is indeed much less than south of the Danube. On the other hand, one less or more sample could make the difference between 0% or 30-40% :-) It also seems two of the sites sampled in Romania are really close to the Danube, so will be interesting to see where the non-"Real Sarmatians" were found. The non-"Real Sarmatians" from Romania also look quite EEF-rich, more so than most in Hungary.

For Sarmatian era Hungary I have to look back at the samples from the 2022 study to see what can be derived by elimination.

(03-20-2024, 11:45 PM)targaryen Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 10:29 PM)Riverman Wrote: Nothing shows the current South-West bias of the sampling and distribution better than the fact that the SNP tracker puts all the E-V13 branches into Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-West Serbia-Albania-Macedonia, in the midst of the J-L283 Illyrian core, where there is zero chance of E-V13 having been residing throughout the BA - IA, when these branches emerged and grew.
The relative distances of the branches make sense though, because e.g. Z5018 looks overall a bit more Northern than Z5017 etc. That's why I shifted the whole network North East which creates a much better fit around the Gáva core zone.

Himera samples say hi.

These were mercenaries from the Central to North Balkan.

Concerning Westward migrations, we got the Belegis II-Gava artefacts and hoards moving West, they moved especially in the direction of Zagreb as they did move towards Central Greece.

Geographically, if dividing further, Serbia is Central not Western proper. Especially in this context it is a completely different sphere compared to the Adriatic.
North Eastern Serbia in particular was for much of the Bronze Age Carpatho-Balkan cremation block.

Messages In This Thread
RE: E-V13 - Theories on its Origin and New Data - by Riverman - 03-21-2024, 08:17 AM