Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Genetic Genealogy & Ancient DNA (DISCUSSION ONLY)
(03-03-2024, 08:50 AM)GHurier Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 04:15 PM)elflock Wrote: Wow, if mostly correct that's at least 25 J2b-L283 samples and clade Z631 seems to dominate. Looking forward to further analysis of these samples to rule out mixing of male and female samples or maybe false positive reads. Thank you.

Here comes some juicy stuff Smile .
Still a bit late (I would prefer BCE samples), and apparently from two sites only "RKC" and "RKF".
Anyone with an idea of which archeological sites are linked to these labels ?

If enough resolution, I suspect that we will be facing 1/2 specificly successfull subclades of J-Z631 with realtively recent TMRCAs.
Thus, a lot of samples because deep sampling, but probably a lot of redundancy do to the claimed strict patrilineal kinship system claimed in the abstract.

I have no idea. In the abstract they mention four tested sites and all from the Carpathian aka Pannonian Basin. I guess it doesn't get more specific as probably somewhere in modern day Hungary for now.
GHurier, Riverman, fj-blanco like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genetic Genealogy & Ancient DNA (DISCUSSION ONLY) - by elflock - 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM