Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(02-13-2024, 08:05 PM)Riverman Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 06:37 PM)Zet Wrote: Autosomal transfers are now  displayed in family finder matching.

From the beginning of the year I haven't noticed any change or new assignments at all. Is the pace so slow?

I found that 45% of my Family Finder matches are autosomal transfers.   That's quite a bit more than I would have thought.   Some of these are MH transfers and they will eventually show up with Y haplos, but I am guessing that is a small number

There has been some change in Y assignments since Jan 1 but certainly well behind schedule.   A small bump at end of Jan.
I have been tracking the number of men with any sort of existing Y haplotype.
Jan 1 1554
Feb 1 1575     
Feb 14 1578
I am up 24 from the New Year.   10 are from new matches, so it looks like 14 have been updated.  Mostly, IIRC, in the last week of Jan.
Hygelac, rmstevens2, jdbreazeale And 2 others like this post
(02-14-2024, 02:05 PM)Mabrams Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 08:05 PM)Riverman Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 06:37 PM)Zet Wrote: Autosomal transfers are now  displayed in family finder matching.

From the beginning of the year I haven't noticed any change or new assignments at all. Is the pace so slow?

I found that 45% of my Family Finder matches are autosomal transfers.   That's quite a bit more than I would have thought.   Some of these are MH transfers and they will eventually show up with Y haplos, but I am guessing that is a small number

There has been some change in Y assignments since Jan 1 but certainly well behind schedule.   A small bump at end of Jan.
I have been tracking the number of men with any sort of existing Y haplotype.
Jan 1 1554
Feb 1 1575     
Feb 14 1578
I am up 24 from the New Year.   10 are from new matches, so it looks like 14 have been updated.  Mostly, IIRC, in the last week of Jan.

A lot of my family's matches are from Ancestry. I haven't recorded all changes, but for me it seems to be even lower. By now my main haplogroup should have nearly doubled, at least, if they would have done the whole FTDNA data base.
rmstevens2 likes this post
My dad, maternal grandad and myself haven't gotten our Y-DNA haplogroup yet.
rmstevens2 and Manofthehour like this post
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 87.4% Indigenous in Mexico and 12.6% Spanish, Catalan & Basque 

[Image: IbEDd4z.png]
(02-15-2024, 05:41 AM)Jalisciense Wrote: My dad, maternal grandad and myself haven't gotten our Y-DNA haplogroup yet.

A month later and nothing yet.

Does anyone know if the customers who transferred their raw data are getting their Y-DNA or is FTDNA still not done with the customers who bought their DNA tests?
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India

(03-20-2024, 07:02 AM)Jalisciense Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 05:41 AM)Jalisciense Wrote: My dad, maternal grandad and myself haven't gotten our Y-DNA haplogroup yet.

Does anyone know if the customers who transferred their raw data are getting their Y-DNA or is FTDNA still not done with the customers who bought their DNA tests?

They are definitely not done with their test takers. A lot of my matches with FF have no downstream assignment as of yet. Only a fraction being processed or that's how it looks for my matches. To me it looks like they are doing batches of testers at one time, then happens for a couple of days, sometimes even weeks nothing and then again and so on. Probably when they have spare resources doing it? I don't know.
But just recently I saw a couple of FF done, but then for a time nothing happened any more.
Jalisciense and rmstevens2 like this post
I've noticed some new assignments among my Y-dna STR matches, probably through FF, some of them BY1823, which is interesting for me, and also others. Hopefully more will follow, STR matches are quite abundant if you have the "Atlantic haplotype"
Based on my v2-v3 tests, 23andMe identifies my Y haplogroup as R-M417; they say exactly the same thing for my older brother, based on his v4 results. We have a paternal 1st cousin whose results from 23andMe are shown as R-L1029.

At FTDNA my haplogroup is shown as R-Y137476 -- quite a few steps further down than R-L1029 (let alone R-M417). It's even a step further than FTDNA was saying just a year or so ago (R-YP619).

I doubt that any of my patrilineal male relatives would be classified in either R-619 or R-Y137476 on the basis of anyone's autosomal test, even if it happened to include SNPs on the Y chromosome. It would take something like the Big Y, I'm afraid. But the good news at least is that FTDNA says that

"The man who is the most recent common ancestor of this line is estimated to have been born around 300 CE."

That's 550 years closer even than their estimate for R-YP619, and about 3750 years closer than their estimate for R-M417!
My ancestry is Palatine German - Swiss - Alsatian / British & Irish / Menorcan / French / Indigenous American
(03-20-2024, 09:26 AM)Riverman Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 07:02 AM)Jalisciense Wrote:

They are definitely not done with their test takers. A lot of my matches with FF have no downstream assignment as of yet. Only a fraction being processed or that's how it looks for my matches. To me it looks like they are doing batches of testers at one time, then happens for a couple of days, sometimes even weeks nothing and then again and so on. Probably when they have spare resources doing it? I don't know.
But just recently I saw a couple of FF done, but then for a time nothing happened any more.

I see, then is good to know one day we'd get our Y-DNA, although they are a bit slow, and I don't know why I want that result so much if I was able to reach the subclase of Roman era with Clade Finder lol
rmstevens2 and lg16 like this post

" I see, then is good to know one day we'd get our Y-DNA, although they are a bit slow, and I don't know why I want that result so much if I was able to reach the subclase of Roman era with Clade Finder lol"

You still might want the FTDNA Family Finder haplo.   Most autosomal sites with YDNA have 4000 or less YSNPs.   Family Finder has over 9000.   In most cases, FF haplos should pass what you might get at Cladefinder etc.

~~~~

From what I can infer, the FF YSNP for my line will go down to what I received from my BigY500.  That SNP bounced from 118 men to 126 overnight back in Dec, so I assume that was due to FF updates. (That SNP was not in the 9000 listed) 

FTDNA still has a lot of FFs to update.   
1.8 million FF database
  • minus females
  • minus autosomal transfers
  • minus previously refined men

That leaves about 300,000 men to update by my reckoning.   In Dec (and a little in Jan), the FTDNA Y tree increased by about 60-70,000 men, so there are still well over 200,000 men to update.

Terribly behind schedule.  When FTDNA announced this last July, the implication was that September 2023 would be the crunch month.
jdbreazeale, lg16, Hygelac And 4 others like this post
I recently purchased 2 FF tests for relatives of mine. Two week turnaround once the kits were reported as received. Both received a Y-DNA haplogroup a day or two after the FF matches and MyOrigins results. Both are Y-DNA haplogroups that can be determined from a 23andme test. The youngest one is about 3000 years old.

This is what I have been expecting with these reports, as I have posted multiple times, since the Y-DNA is not thoroughly tested with FF and a similar chip to 23andme is used.

The haplogroups have been able to disprove a genealogical hypothesis between the two testers by people that do not understand genealogy. So the haplogroup reports are useful.
Mitchell-Atkins, rmstevens2, Manofthehour And 3 others like this post
Another batch of FF haplogroup kits added today. Around 3000 I think.
lg16, jdbreazeale, Riverman And 2 others like this post
(04-11-2024, 11:43 AM)Hygelac Wrote: Another batch of FF haplogroup kits added today. Around 3000 I think.

I hope more is coming, because I checked about 2 hours ago and there was no change, while now, after I have seen your post, I checked again and there are 7 new branch members. 
Hopefully they are importing still and more will pop up today.
rmstevens2, lg16, jdbreazeale like this post
Thank for continuous update. Also hope it would run faster.

Not more on block tree this time, but more on the FF matches list.
jdbreazeale and lg16 like this post
A fourth cousin of mine on my mother's side, a Y-DNA relative of my maternal grandfather with his surname, just got his Family Finder Y haplogroup assignment: R-Z253.

That's not as much resolution as I had hoped for, but it's not too bad. R-Z253 is upstream of the current terminal SNP for that line:  R-FT418639. So, the result is consistent.

Otherwise, no big excitement. I was waiting for that one, so it is good to see, but none of the others I am waiting for got their results yet.
jdbreazeale, lg16, JonikW And 3 others like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
(04-11-2024, 11:43 AM)Hygelac Wrote: Another batch of FF haplogroup kits added today. Around 3000 I think.

Where do you guys see that info from?
lg16 and JonikW like this post