Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Interesting J2b (J-Z534) Split
It appears that the J-Z534 clade on YFull has now split, with ancient sample NEO281 from Georgia (along with a modern tester) being positive for 5 SNPs (such as Z533) while being negative for three SNPs (including Z534). So far the TMRCA has not changed (15,600 ybp). 

Just wonder what this means for the origins of J2b as a whole.
RCO and Polska like this post
(02-16-2024, 06:36 PM)alchemist223 Wrote: It appears that the J-Z534 clade on YFull has now split, with ancient sample NEO281 from Georgia (along with a modern tester) being positive for 5 SNPs (such as Z533) while being negative for three SNPs (including Z534). So far the TMRCA has not changed (15,600 ybp). 

Just wonder what this means for the origins of J2b as a whole.

YF125223, the modern tester, might be from Northern Africa somewhere.  I did a search of that kit and he belongs to this mt haplogroup:

https://www.yfull.com/mtree/L2b1a6/

It’s a Nebula kit, so we’ll probably never know any more about this kit, which is too bad.

Looking at NEO281, I think he might me the brother of KK1 from Kotias Klde.  That is, they share the same mother, but different fathers.  I think both samples are the exact same age or separated by only a few years.  The following is not my work, but a model that I’ve seen produced comparing KK1 to NEO281:

In addition to the Mesolithic NEO281 sample, there are ancient J2b samples from the Shulaveri Shomu culture in Azerbaijan (Neolithic) and the Zagros Mountains in Iran (Mesolithic).  I think the Caucasus, Northern Iran, or even Turkmenistan could be the point of origin.
alchemist223 likes this post

Check for new replies