Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
A surprise!
(05-28-2024, 10:07 AM)Rufus191 Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 09:32 AM)firemonkey Wrote: These are the Gatty births in Lincolnshire according to Find my past. I believe William to be my 4gt. Out of those 4 I can only find one combination of parents with a Lincolnshire marriage that being for Ann Gatty. Samuel Gatty m Elizabeth Moulds 1770 Corby Glen.

Did you look at the Margaret Higgins database above? It has Gatty records there, and Br. Rory Higgins has linked the London marriages to the Lincolnshire family.

I only got these results.

Event
Surname
Forename(s)
Year
Details
Bap
GATTY
Clara
Godmother of: Clara PAYNE at Manchester, All Saints, Church of the Holy Family
More?
Bap
GATTY
Elizabeth
Baptised at Manchester, Rusholme, St. Edward
More?
Bap
GATTY
Emilia Charlotta Fitzgerald
Baptised at Chorlton-on-Medlock, Holy Name
More?
Bap
GATTY
Emille
Father of: Emilia Charlotta Gatty FITZGERALD at Chorlton-on-Medlock, Holy Name
More?
Bap
GATTY
Emille
Father of: Emilia Charlotta Fitzgerald GATTY at Chorlton-on-Medlock, Holy Name
More?
Bap
GATTY
Jacobi
Father of: Elizabeth GATTY at Manchester, Rusholme, St. Edward
More?
Bap
GATTY
Josephus
Godfather of: Clara PAYNE at Manchester, All Saints, Church of the Holy Family
More?
Bap
GATTY
Maria Helena
Baptised at Manchester, Ardwick, St. Aloysius
More?
(05-28-2024, 10:20 AM)firemonkey Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 10:07 AM)Rufus191 Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 09:32 AM)firemonkey Wrote: These are the Gatty births in Lincolnshire according to Find my past. I believe William to be my 4gt. Out of those 4 I can only find one combination of parents with a Lincolnshire marriage that being for Ann Gatty. Samuel Gatty m Elizabeth Moulds 1770 Corby Glen.

Did you look at the Margaret Higgins database above? It has Gatty records there, and Br. Rory Higgins has linked the London marriages to the Lincolnshire family.

I only got these results.

Event
Surname
Forename(s)
Year
Details
Bap
GATTY
Clara
Godmother of: Clara PAYNE at Manchester, All Saints, Church of the Holy Family
More?
Bap
GATTY
Elizabeth
Baptised at Manchester, Rusholme, St. Edward
More?
Bap
GATTY
Emilia Charlotta Fitzgerald
Baptised at Chorlton-on-Medlock, Holy Name
More?
Bap
GATTY
Emille
Father of: Emilia Charlotta Gatty FITZGERALD at Chorlton-on-Medlock, Holy Name
More?
Bap
GATTY
Emille
Father of: Emilia Charlotta Fitzgerald GATTY at Chorlton-on-Medlock, Holy Name
More?
Bap
GATTY
Jacobi
Father of: Elizabeth GATTY at Manchester, Rusholme, St. Edward
More?
Bap
GATTY
Josephus
Godfather of: Clara PAYNE at Manchester, All Saints, Church of the Holy Family
More?
Bap
GATTY
Maria Helena
Baptised at Manchester, Ardwick, St. Aloysius
More?

Ah, no you have to download the database in the link I gave, it is in xls (Excel) spreadsheet format, organized alphabetically.
firemonkey likes this post
I've downloaded the DB. I can see entry for William bapt 1777, but not his mother's maiden name.
Rufus191 and Georgian1950 like this post
(05-28-2024, 11:04 AM)firemonkey Wrote: I've downloaded the DB. I can see entry for William bapt 1777, but not his mother's maiden name.

OK, I had a look at Findmypast. I think it's just a mistake, William's mother was in fact Elizabeth nee Moulds. It looks like she was buried in Corby Glen on 4th June, died 29th May, 1840, at the amazing age of 96 Smile!!! I see also on the same image that has William's baptism, there is a baptism of Samuel Moles on the opposite page, so Moles is a variant of Moulds.
Georgian1950 and firemonkey like this post
I've decided to use a professional genealogist to help trace my Gatty ancestors. He's pointed out something I  should have considered, but hadn't. That  , to quote him, 'The distribution of the DNA matches is broader than one might expect; you may already have considered that some (barring the Y chromosome match) could be coincidental (ie your link to them could be through other ancestral lines, and not actually through the Gattys).' I have matches with Gatty/Gattey from Devon,Hunts, and Kent.

The yDNA match  is as puzzling, as it is frustrating. I can't understand why a person wouldn't want to upgrade, knowing he has a same surname match. Why do the test in the 1st place if that's your attitude.
Rober_tce likes this post

Check for new replies