Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Basal Eurasian in CHG & EEF; same?
Question 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolia...-gatherers
"There was a genetic flow from the ancestors of  the Villabruna cluster into AHG."

"The AHG diverged from Caucasus Hunter Gatherer 25,000 years go."

With what other component? Basal Eurasian?

CHG can be modeled 48% Basal Eurasian & 52% ANE.

>used to be something like 50% Dzudzuana and 50% ANE.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus...r-gatherer

Looks like this Basal Eurasian** component has not been discovered yet.

To me it looks like it’s a flat no. They don’t look to be related there.
CHG had more basal than Anatolian hunter gatherers, those kept the original dzdzuana autossomal profile , with around 25% basal and 75% villabruna-like(common west eurasian).
CHG was mostly dzudzuana too , i have seem qpadm models putting then as around 60% Dzu./AHG, plus ~15% ANE and ~25% zlaty kun-like (additional basal).
Iranian farmers had even stronger ANE and basal affinities than CHG, in fact they had the greatest basal eurasian input of all ancient and modern groups sampled observed so far , wich seem to suggest the theoretical basal eurasian refugium was further south east from the armenian highlands, maybe in what is nowadays under the waters of the persian gulf.
Freb likes this post
(05-13-2024, 01:46 AM)Sephesakueu Wrote: CHG had more basal than Anatolian hunter gatherers, those kept the original dzdzuana autossomal profile , with around 25% basal and 75% villabruna-like(common west eurasian).
CHG was most dzudzuana too , around 60%, plus ~15% ANE and ~25% zlaty kun-like (additional basal).
Iranian farmers had even stronger basal affinities than CHG, in fact they had the most of all ancient and modern groups sampled so far , wich seem to suggest the theoretical basal eurasian refugium was further south east from the armenian highlands, maybe in what is nowadays under the waters of the persian gulf.

Zlatý kůň is an old lineage from Europe and are WHG-like… does that mean J is from Europe? I bet so. Did we not have an IJ-M429 sample [in Europe] that has been an upstream clade of J* iirc. The Non-ANE ancestry of CHG and the Villabruna Cluster seem to be two peas in a pod.
(05-13-2024, 02:10 AM)Freb Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 01:46 AM)Sephesakueu Wrote: CHG had more basal than Anatolian hunter gatherers, those kept the original dzdzuana autossomal profile , with around 25% basal and 75% villabruna-like(common west eurasian).
CHG was most dzudzuana too , around 60%, plus ~15% ANE and ~25% zlaty kun-like (additional basal).
Iranian farmers had even stronger basal affinities than CHG, in fact they had the most of all ancient and modern groups sampled so far , wich seem to suggest the theoretical basal eurasian refugium was further south east from the armenian highlands, maybe in what is nowadays under the waters of the persian gulf.

Zlaty Kun is an old lineage from Europe and are WHG-like… does that mean J is from Europe? I bet so. Did we not have an IJ-M429 sample [in Europe] that has been an upstream clade of J* iirc.

J seem to have come from the Dzudzuana ancestry of  CHG, surely not from the basal portion of it. The logic is that J's sibling "I" , and as you noted even IJ* were present and/or dominant among WHG groups, wich completely lacked basal eurasian ancestry, to me this suggests the 45k years old common ancestor of WHGs and Dzudzuana , the common west eurasians / CWE(autossomaly nearly identical to WHG) were the source of IJ lineages. It seems tho they did not live exactly in europe , but somewhere around the anatolian peninsula and / or surrounding areas such as caucasus , balkans or Iran.
Freb likes this post
(05-13-2024, 02:21 AM)Sephesakueu Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 02:10 AM)Freb Wrote:

Zlaty Kun is an old lineage from Europe and are WHG-like… does that mean J is from Europe? I bet so. Did we not have an IJ-M429 sample [in Europe] that has been an upstream clade of J* iirc.

J seem to have come from the Dzudzuana ancestry of  CHG, surely not from the basal portion of it. The logic is that J's sibling "I" was present and dominant among WHG groups, wich lacked basal ancestry, to me this suggests the 45k years old common ancestor of WHGs and Dzudzuana , the common west eurasians / CWE(autossomaly nearly identical to WHG) were the source of IJ lineages. It seems tho they did not live exactly in europe , but somewhere around the anatolian peninsula and / or surrounding areas such as caucasus , balkans or Iran.

I have my hopes in a Europe origin of J-M304 like it’s relative I-M170. But the Transcaucasian sphere is alright as well for the origin of IJ.

Check for new replies